Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

When I started to build commercially in December 2012, I decided not to have an order list. My plan was to build rods and sell them when completed. But the huge interest in my rods has tempted me to accept occasional orders resulting in a long list of waiting customers. I have made so many friends all over the world, wonderful fly fishermen with lots of great ideas and a positive attitude. But having an order list can also be time consuming and stressful. To give myself more room to work freely, I will make a new attempt to move away from the order list.

Six months ago I was approached by Mark Leggett of Alternative Tackle in the UK. He asked if I was interested in showcasing my rods on his web site and let him market them on the international market. We are still ironing out some details, but the plan is to launch this collaboration during this spring. I still have a good deal of custom orders to complete, but I will start to build rods in between and have them listed on Alternative Tackle. The first rods will be available in the beginning of April.

I have a lot of interesting blanks in stock from James Green, Epic Swift, Tom Morgan and Mike McFarland. I will not take any pre-orders, all finished rods will be sold through Alternative Tackle. I will continue to build in a small scale, making unique rods all different from each other. I have also invested in a Tom Morgan Rodsmith, and my plan is to start experimenting with bamboo later this year. Mark will also help me market my fly reel "The Can", that I have designed for John Lindeman on DAP Reels in the Netherlands.

Please visit Alternative Tackle for upcoming updates, and to take a look at Mark's other offerings. He has a lot of interesting stuff listed, and there is more to come.

www.alternativetackle.com