Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I have a bunch of blanks from Tom Morgan in stock, and the fact that he has decided to offer his business for sale makes it very hard for me to finish and offer them. This is the “Streamer Special”, 8’6’’, 6wt, and it really is was it says - a great streamer rod. Perfect for throwing hairy caddis flies, stoneflies and streamers. All of Tom’s rods has that characteristic Winston feel to them, which of course has to do with the bloodline. I have a NOS 8’6’’, 6wt Winston blank from the late 70’s, that was cut and ferruled for me by James Green ages ago. I made a quick SBS in the shop, and they really are siblings. The new taper has a slightly stiffer tip, and I will do a proper lawn cast after the summer break. Lemke seat over cork insert, 7’’ full wells grip and Snake Brand Universals wrapper in red Gossamer.