Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

This rod has been on my work bench for quite some time. Initially designed as a spinning rod, my customer asked me to convert it to a short fly rod. This 5'9'' blank comes from the early production years of Sage, when they also made fiberglass rods. I have a soft spot for the old brown Sage rods, and have handled several of them over the years. But this little midge rod stands out as something truly unique, and I'm very happy with the outcome. The rod was finished with an offset cork seat with aluminum skeleton, and a 5.5'' straight Ritz. Light snake guides and chestnut silk with NCP beige tippings, very close to the original color scheme. 

I have been promised to be first in line if this rod should sell in the future. It would go so well together with my original, brown Sage wading staff in fiberglass.