Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2018

This rod was a challenge for me. The request was to re-configure an old 8'6'', 7wt, 2pc Fisher blank from the 70s to a 4pc rod finished in classic Winston style. We all know that Fisher rolled blanks for Winston in the 70s, and what those rods looked like. But the challenge for me was to cut and re-ferrule an old blank to a travel rod. I have made that on a few rods, but not commercially. The blank came with a brown ferrule, and I really wanted to have the white Winston ferrule. But I decided to accept the challenge, and the result is very good. Up-locking Lemke seat with a custom Rosewood spacer from a piece of wood from my friend master luthier Lars Rasmussen. Chrome guides wrapped with claret silk and a vintage Mildrum stripping guide. A very classic Montana look, and a really nice performer. This will soon ship to Finland for some salmon fishing next year.