Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Here comes a prototype build with a custom made grip design. I have been working with this flexing grip for a while, and it came out just the way I wanted. Instead of a winding check, I made a 2" deep void at the front of the handle to allow the blank to flex freely inside the grip. It's quite labour intense to make the voided grip, and some of you might object that this can be achieved by making a ventilated grip. But there is a difference, since you don't touch the actual blank in the front of the grip. Anyway, it's an experiment and I like the performance and the looks of it. If someone asks for it, I might use it in the future. The blank is a Hilevel Green River, 7'6'', 4wt, fiberglass blank, appointed with PB chrome guides wrapped with forest green Pearsall silk.