Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

I have always been fascinated by one piece rods. A while back I ordered a bunch of short fiberglass spinning blanks, tapers that are highly appreciated among US rod builders when built as fly rods. This little cabin rod is only 5' long and is the perfect companion when fishing small creeks with lots of vegetation and good sized trout. It performs well somewhere between DT3 and WF5, depending on situation. It was appointed with a short all cork grip and a down locking reel seat made from aluminium, cork and black rubber. 

I apologize for the dull pictures. November has only offered two hours of blue sky and sun light here in Stockholm, and I always take my pictures with daylight only. I have also been very busy lately, and I wish I would have had more time to capture it the way it deserves. This rod was donated and sold yesterday at an fly fishing auction, arranged to raise funds for local water preservation.