Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

This is one of those mythical tapers, a blank that is actually still available on special order. This is my take on the Winston WT, 8', 4wt, 2pc - also known as Tom Morgan Favorite. It's a soft and crisp rod, with a delicate tip and a nice progressive action. I have had my eyes on this blank for many years, but never had the chance to build one. Last year I finished a 8', 4wt Tom Morgan Rodsmith fiberglass rod for a gentleman in the US. He was very satisfied with the outcome, and challenged me to build the TMF  graphite rod for him. I knew that Shane Gray had a TMF blank in his inventory, and I asked him if he would consider selling it. Shane kindly offered us the blank, and here is the result. The blank is appointed with an up-locking cork seat and a flat full-wells. Snake Brand Originals in dark nickel, wrapped in green silk. Mildrum type stripping guide from Rec. This one will be hard to get rid of...